Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Nightmagic Legacy - Chapter 3: Maintaining the Ward

The next day, I decided to go fishing.



After a bit of fishing, I went to the Myth, Legend, Lore, and Fact facility, where I saw a familiar face.  It was Dampe!  Although I didn't know what exactly they were talking about, I couldn't help but overhear some of his conversation with one of the MLLF staff members.

"Dampe, you're the last of the Order.  You have to find a successor!"

"I know, I know.  I'm working on it!"

What were they talking about?  When I got to work that evening, I asked Dampe. His answer surprised me.

"Kid, I told you about the ward that keeps the vampires out.  Well, someone has to maintain it, and that someone is me.  The problem is that I'm getting old and I haven't found someone to take over once I'm gone.  Without anyone maintaining the ward, the vampires will descend on Dragon Valley, and it will all be over."

I was shocked.  I couldn't lose this newfound home!  I just couldn't!  I knew exactly what to do.

"Can I help maintain the ward?"

"Not right now, kid.  You're too young.  But when you get old enough, yes."

That was exactly the answer I was hoping for.

The rest of the week was a blur.  When I wasn't at school, I was at work.  Finally, Saturday came - no school.  I spent the time first fixing the TV (the thing had broken again!)...


...then tinkering with various objects...


...and finally going to work.

What would the next week bring?  And when would I finally be old enough to help maintain the ward?


No comments:

Post a Comment