Friday, December 20, 2013

The Nightmagic Legacy - Chapter 2: Sophie

The day of the festival arrived.  I called Sophie to see if she wanted to meet up at the festival grounds.



"I'm sorry, Duncan.  My mother wouldn't approve of us being together."

I didn't know what to say.  I didn't even know what exactly was going on.

"I don't know how it works where you're from, but here in Dragon Valley, the parents have to sanction relationships.  I'm sorry.  I really am."



An hour or so later, I got my mail.  There was a letter from Dampe:

Duncan:
   Enjoy the festival!  You don't have to come into work today.
-Dampe



Enjoying the festival is exactly what I did.



After the festival, I decided to go to the gym.

When I went to school the next day, I tried to forget about what happened with Sophie before the festival.  But it was still on my mind.



The next day was a Saturday, so I didn't have school.  At least that was the same.  But the old TV in the house was broken, so I had to do what I could to fix it.

I did, however, have work.  Work was the same as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment